Lies Women Believe: And the Truth That Sets Them Free
Author: Nancy Leigh DeMoss
|Lies Women Believe: And the Truth That Sets Them Free|
Dear Diary, He's lying to me again. - Eve
Satan is the master deceiver, and his lies are endless. Are you burned out, overwhelmed, angry, confused or fearful? According to Nancy Leigh DeMoss, these emotions are the result of Satan's lies. Nancy tackles many of the falsehoods that enslave Christian women with alarming frequency and severity. Though she does not promise their problems will go away, she confronts the lies with practical truths found in Scripture that will help women begin to "walk through the realities of life in freedom and true joy."
Features: Bibliography, Price on Product
Physical Info: 0.78" H x 9.02" L x 6.1" W (0.85 lbs) 288 pages
Carton Quantity: 40
Publisher: Moody Publishers
US SRP: 15.99 US
Pub Date: April 01, 2002
Table of Contents:
Chapter One: Truth... or Consequences
Chapter Two: Lies Women Believe about God
1. God is nor really good.
2. God doesn't love me.
3. God is just like my father.
4. God is not really enough.
5. God's ways are too restrictive.
6. God should fix my problems.
Chapter Three: Lies Women Believe About Themselves
7. I'm not worth anything.
8. I need to learn to love myself.
9. I can't help the way I am.
10. I have my rights.
11. Physical beauty matters more than inner beauty.
12. I should not have to live with unfulfilled longings.
Chapter Four: Lies Women Believe About Sin
13. I can sin and get away with it.
14. My sin isn't really that bad.
15. God can't forgive what I have done.
16. I am not fully responsible for my actions and reactions.
17. I cannot walk in consistent victory over sin.
Chapter Five: Lies Women Believe About Priorities
18. I don't have time to do everything I'm supposed to do.
19. I can make it without consistent time in the Word and prayer.
20. A career outside the home is more valuable and fulfilling than being a wife and mother.
Chapter Six: Lies Women Believe About Marriage
21. I have to have a husband to be happy.
22. It is my responsibility to change my mate.
23. My husband is supposed to serve me.
24. If I submit to my husband, I will be miserable.
25. If my husband is passive, I've got to take the initiative, or nothing will get done.
26. Sometimes divorce is a better option than staying in a bad marriage.
Chapter Seven: Lies Women Believe About Children
27. It's up to us to determine the size of our family.
28. Children need to get exposed to the 'real world' so that they can learn to function in it.
29. All Children will go through a rebellious stage.
30. I know my child is a Christian because he prayed to receive Christ at an early age.
31. We are not responsible for how our children turn out.
Chapter Eight: Lies Women Believe About Emotions
32. If I feel something, it must be true.
33. I can't control my emotions.
34. I can't help how I respond when my hormones are out of whack. (It's understandable to act like a shrew at certain times.)
35. The answer to depression must first be sought in medication and/or psychotherapy.
Chapter Nine: Lies Women Believe About Circumstances
36. If my circumstances were different, I would be different.
37. I shouldn't have to suffer.
38. My circumstances will never change - this will go on forever.
39. I just can't take any more.
40. It's all about me.
Chapter Ten: Countering Lies with the Truth
Chapter Eleven: The Truth That Sets Us Free
NANCY LEIGH DEMOSS is a mentor and "spiritual mother" to hundreds of thousands of women who have read her bestselling books and who listen to her two daily radio programs, Revive Our Hearts and the one-minute feature Seeking Him. Through these programs, she calls women to revival and biblical womanhood. Her love for the Word and the Lord Jesus are infectious and permeate her online outreaches, conference messages, books, and radio programs. Her books have sold more than 2,000,000 copies, and include Lies Women Believe, Choosing Forgiveness, A Place of Quiet Rest, A Thirty Day Walk with God in the Psalms, Brokenness: The Heart God Revives, Surrender: The Heart God Controls, and Holiness: The Heart God Purifies. She also co-authored Seeking Him, Lies Young Women Believe, True Woman 101: Divine Design, and is the general editor of Becoming God's True Woman.Nancy is frequently a speaker at women's conferences. In October 2008, Revive Our Hearts hosted the first True Woman Conference in the Chicago area, which sought to help women everywhere discover and embrace God's design and mission for their lives. Over 6,000 women attended True Woman '08, and three more national conferences were held in 2010. The ministry continues to hold additional national conferences and trainings for leaders in women's ministry for which Nancy is a keynote speaker.Nancy grew up in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in a family deeply committed to Christ and to the mission of world evangelization. At an early age, she surrendered her life to Christ and to His call to fulltime service.Nancy graduated from the University of Southern California with a degree in piano performance and went on to serve as the Primary Children's Ministries Director in a large local church. Since 1980, she has served on the staff of Life Action Ministries, a revival ministry based in Buchanan, Michigan. .
- Christian Living | Practical Life | Women
- Religion | Christian Life | Women's Issues
- Theometrics | Evangelical
- Religious Orientation | Christian
- Sex & Gender | Feminine
OCLC Number: OCLC#53884328
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be mispriced.
These WWW pages ©2018 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores