6-Minute Messages For Children: by Donald Hinchey
Author: Donald Hinchey
|A complete year of Bible-based mini-sermonsó-just right for children! Topics include God's love, serving, faith, forgiveness, and many more.|
The great Swiss thinker Karl Barth will long be remembered for his many volumes of careful and complicated theology. Late in his life, when Barth was asked for a simple summary of his theology, he allegedly smiled and responded, "Jesus loves me. This I know. For the Bible tells me so."
The deepest truths of the Christian faith shine their brightest when they're presented plainly and simply. Jesus uses mustard seeds, shepherds and housewives, and the simple faith of children as models for life in the kingdom of God.
This sequel to 5-Minute Messages for Children attempts to follow Jesus' example by presenting life in the kingdom of God in the most simple and active ways. Rather than requiring children to study the truths of the faith, these messages lead children (and eavesdropping adults) to experience and apply those truths to their lives.
Why Children's Messages?
Churches and other faith communities that regularly include children's messages in their worship and teaching hours have found that this brief time spent at eye level with God's little ones brings immense rewards:
* Children learn and grow! Children don?t always learn the same way adults learn. Children?s messages can teach important truths in ways kids understand.
* Children are affirmed. By setting aside five or six minutes to speak to our children, we let them know they're valued. Every children's message says implicitly, "You know, you kids are pretty important. We think you're great!"
* The gospel takes on new meaning. Children's messages challenge us to reshape and re-present the "old, old story" in a new package. Even adults will be refreshed.
Tips for Giving Children's Messages
Be Creative. The messages in this book aren't meant to be read. They invite creative innovation. Let them serve as catalysts for your own ideas. Don't be afraid to try new things. The children will forgive your failures and applaud your successes.
Prepare Well. Gather any necessary supplies beforehand and place them within easy reach. Mentally preview the message so you'll be able to anticipate children's responses, they may not always give you the answers you expect!
Get Down. Sit on the floor and look the children in the eye. Children's messages delivered by a big, standing adult can make children feel like they're being talked down to.
Speak Up. Use a microphone so the whole congregation can hear you.
Use Your Bible. Read the text for each message from your Bible. Encourage children and parents in your congregation to look up the text in their own Bibles at home.
Have Fun. You're sharing the good news! If you're enthusiastic with the children, the rest of the congregation will share in the excitement.
God bless you and your congregation as you embark on your adventure.
Table of Contents
The Creator: Messages for Knowing God
1. All Clear
4. Baby Pictures
6. The Lost Is Found!
7. Through Dark Glasses
8. Whose Time Is It?
9. Autumn Leaves (A Back-to-School Talk)
10. We've Got a Friend in High Places
11. Why Are You Hiding?
12. The Last Laugh
The Christian: Messages for Following Jesus
15. Can You Write With Your Mouth?
16. Faith Like a Mustard Seed
17. Christian Yo-Yos
18. Telephone Prayer
19. If Jesus Came to Your House
20. The "Follow Me" Obstacle Course
21. The Pearl
22. Sand Living
23. A Good Story
24. Fishers of People: A Mime
25. Lights of the World
26. Keys to the Kingdom
27. A Bag Full of Goodies
28. The Fort
29. The Good Sheep dog
30. Make the Weak Hands Strong
31. Move Up Higher
32. The Greatest Job in the World
33. The Leap of Faith
The Church: Messages for Life Together
35. An Interview With a Foot
36. The Church Band
37. Keep It Up
38. What Do You Do With This Beautiful Book?
40. The Book of Hope
41. What Are the Ten Commandments Like?
42. Our Father Who Art in Heaven
43. Hallowed Be Thy Name
44. Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will Be Done
45. Daily Bread
46. Forgive Us Our Trespasses
47. Lead Us Not Into Temptation
48. The Kingdom, Power, and Glory Wave
49. Where Does All The Money Go?
50. Caution: Stewards at Work
51. Back to Back (A Children?s Message for a Wedding)
52. Love Is Like a Flowing Stream (A Children's Message for a Wedding)
Physical Info: 0.28" H x 9.14" L x 6.0" W (0.33 lbs) 95 pages
Carton Quantity: 100
Publisher: Group Publishing(CO)
US SRP: 16.99 US
Pub Date: February 01, 1993
- Church & Ministry | Pastoral Helps | Children's Sermons
- Religion | Sermons | Christian
- Religion | Christian Education | Children & Youth
- Theometrics | Evangelical
- Theometrics | Mainline
- Religious Orientation | Christian
OCLC Number: OCLC#27071165
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be mispriced.
These WWW pages ©2018 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores