Teaching for Spiritual Growth: by Perry G. Downs
Author: Perry G. Downs
|Teaching for Spiritual Growth deals with two important questions: 1) What does it mean to be spiritually mature ? and 2) What can the church do to help people grow spiritually? These questions are explored from the perspectives of theology, developmental psychology, and educational learning theory. |
The book integrates the three perspectives into a unified view of the teaching-learning process based on a biblical view of persons:
1. Theology: the divine side of spiritual growth. What does the nature of God tell us about teaching spiritual maturity?
2. Psychology: how God has designed people to grow. How does human development affect the process of achieving spiritual maturity?
3. Education: the learning process that produces spiritual growth. What is the process people go through to achieve spiritual maturity? The goal is to help readers develop a philosophy of Christian education that will be applicable to a variety of ministry contexts.
Physical Info: 0.78" H x 9.7" L x 7.34" W (1.19 lbs) 224 pages
Carton Quantity: 20
Publisher: Zondervan Publishing Company
US SRP: 24.99 US
Pub Date: April 1994
- Church & Ministry | Ministry Resources | Christian Education
- Religion | Christian Education | General
- Christian education - Philosophy
Theometrics | Academic
Religious Orientation | Christian
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
Arch Children's Books
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
11:00AM - 2:00PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be mispriced.
These WWW pages ©2019 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores