The Catholic Church (Student Text) : by Carl Koch
Author: Carl Koch
|The Catholic Church|
Journey, Wisdom, and Mission
The course The Catholic Church explores the main developments, people, and events that have shaped the church, leading students to an appreciation of the Spirit's guidance of the church. Each chapter focuses on one time period and explains the story of the church in that period, with an emphasis on seeing the trends and developments over time, not simply historical details. The text also identifies how six models, or dimensions, of the church have been evident through the history of the church.
For each chapter, the student text provides the following features:
vignettes about people and special readings to make the history more personal and specific
full-color, original illustrations, photographs, charts, cartoons, timelines, and maps to acquaint the students with persons, places, and trends or movements important to the history of the church
study aids for the students, including review questions after each section and activities in the margins of the text to personalize the material
a list of implications of the events in that period for later and contemporary church developments
1. A Church History Course: Seeing the Church with New Eyes
2. A Church of Converts: Widening the Circle of Jesus' Followers
3. The Lasting Legacy of the Apostles: Christian Communities and Scriptures
4. Gold Tested in Fire: Courageous Faith and Clear Doctrine
5. Building the City of God: Holiness in the Wilderness, Leadership in the World
6. Growth in a Crumbling Empire: Spreading the Faith, Bringing Order to Chaos
7. The Challenge of Christendom: Church and Empire in Tension
8. The High Middle Ages: High Times, Low Times
9. The Late Middle Ages: Public Turmoil, Personal Piety
10. Revolt and Reform: Divisions in the Body of Christ
11. A Missionary Church: Carrying the Gospel Around the World
12. The Age of "Isms": Revolutionary Thinking Confronts the Church
13. The Church in North America: A Style of Its Own
14. World Church: Anguish in an Era of World Wars
15. The Contemporary Church: On a Pilgrimage into the Future
Grade level: The Catholic Church is developed for use with eleventh- and twelfth-grade students in a one-semester course.
Illustrations: full color throughout, 236 illustrations and photos, 7 maps, 26 black-and-white photos
Features: Bibliography, Illustrated, Index, Maps, Table of Contents
Physical Info: 0.54" H x 10.36" L x 8.54" W (1.6 lbs) 336 pages
Teaching manual: The student text was designed to be fully supported by the thorough resources in its companion teaching manual.
The teaching manual contains the following additional resources:
# lesson planning suggestions for the course
# a sample schedule for a semester course
# an appendix of additional suggestions for effective teaching
# an annotated list of recommended audiovisual resources
# a list of audiovisual distributors
# a bibliography of general resources on Church history and suggestions for further reading
# sample test questions, also available free of charge in editable format
More activities are suggested in the manual than a teacher could use in a semester. This wide selection allows teachers to choose the activities that are best suited to their students.
Publisher: Saint Mary's Press
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
Arch Children's Books
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
8:30AM - 4:30PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be mispriced.
These WWW pages ©2018 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores