The Complete Guide to Baby and Child Care
Reisser, Wright, & Cox
|An extensive child-care volume with full-color illustrations, photos, and foreword by Dr. James Dobson. Developed and approved by the Physicians Resource Council, this volume covers everything from preparing for parenthood to your child's adolescent years. It also addresses special topics such as child abuse, discipline, and caregivers. A thorough medical reference section includes information on orthopedics, emergency care, and first aid. From a source they can trust, parents will find sound advice and peace of mind throughout the development of their children. |
"I'm particularly excited to be able to introduce you to this wonderful new offering. This book is chocked full of practical, specific guidance on every aspect of the child-rearing process. This well-researched volume offers detailed advice from more than 50 of the country's most highly respected physicians and medical authorities. Some have appeared as guests on the Focus on the Family broadcast, and all are members of Focus' prestigious Physicians Resource Council." --From the foreword by Dr. James Dobson.
by Paul C. Reisser, Vinita Hampton Wright, Melissa R. Cox
Series: Focus on the Family
Features: Bibliography, Dust Cover, Illustrated, Index, Price on Product, Table of Contents
Physical Info: 2.06" H x 9.41" L x 7.89" W (3.91 lbs) 902 pages
Carton Quantity: 12
Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers
US SRP: 34.99 US
Pub Date: September 2007
Unlike any other book of its kind, the Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care takes a balanced, commonsense approach to rearing emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy children. This indispensable guide delivers practical and critical information parents need to know in a straightforward format.
* 25 Special Concerns sections that cover topics such as fevers in small children, effective discipline, ADHD, cyberspace safety, and more
* Medical Reference section with detailed definitions/descriptions of common childhood illnesses and medical conditions
* Emergency Care section that includes information on 911 calls, preventive safety, and what to do when your child needs immediate medical attention
* Illustrations, photographs, and charts to help you comprehend recommended techniques and recognize specific diseases and conditions
* New expanded sections on immunizations and nutrition!
* Over 350,000 sold of previous edition
Sign up for relevant and practical parenting tips from the most respected names in family advice, Focus on the Family, and Dr. Paul Reisser, primary author of the Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care.
Since children don’t come with an instruction manual, we asked the experts to write one.
The best-selling Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care is now fully updated with new information on child rearing, still from the most respected name in family advice: Focus on the Family.
Unlike any other book of its kind, the Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care takes a balanced, commonsense approach to rearing emotionally, physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy children. This indispensable guide delivers practical and critical information parents need to know in a straightforward format. Inside, you’ll find chapters that celebrate the joys and tackle the tough issues you’ll face in every stage of your child’s development. The book also contains helpful reference sections, including:
* 25 Special Concerns sections that cover topics such as fevers in small children, effective discipline, ADHD, cyberspace safety, bullying, eating disorders, and more.
* Medical Reference section with detailed definitions/descriptions of common childhood illnesses and medical conditions. This section will help you determine what you can handle at home and when it’s time to contact your child’s physician.
* Emergency Care section that includes information on 911 calls, preventive safety, CPR charts, basic first-aid explanations, and what to do when your child needs immediate medical attention.
* Illustrations, photographs, and charts to help you comprehend recommended techniques, appreciate the miraculous design of the human body, and recognize specific health conditions.
* New expanded sections on immunizations and nutrition.
This exhaustive reference tool is a must-have for today’s parent. You’ll find answers to your questions and explore realistic approaches to parenting that can help you help your children grow into the healthy, well-adjusted adults you dream they will become!
Parenting is a fantastic, if unpredictable, journey.
At every stage of the trip questions arise: “How does my diet affect the baby growing inside me?” “How do I stop my infant’s crying?” “How should I talk with my teen about sex?” As a parent striving to secure the best future for your kids, you need practical, proven answers—not hypothetical theories or trendy fads. That’s exactly what you’ll find in the newly updated Complete Guide to Baby & Child Care.
This easy-to-understand parenting manual represents the best advice from some of today’s most respected physicians, men and women who are parents themselves, including those on the Focus on the Family Physicians Resource Council. You’ll learn how to meet your children’s specific needs and create an environment in which they can thrive and succeed. From the early stages of pregnancy to the final phases of adolescence, this book offers outstanding advice on cultivating the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being of your children.
PHYSICIANS RESOURCE COUNCIL
Over thirty U.S. and Canadian physicians representing diverse medical specialties serve as volunteers on the Focus on the Family Physicians Resource Council (PRC) and provide expert counsel on medical issues that impact the family and the Christian community. PRC members participate in the activities of national medical organizations as well as those at their state and local levels.
- Christian Living | Relationships | Parenting
- Christian Living | Relationships | Family Concerns
- Family & Relationships | Parenting | General
- Religion | Christian Life | Parenting
- Religion | Christian Life | Family
- Family & Relationships | Life Stages | Infants & Toddlers/General
- Care - Child care
- Child development - Children
- Health and hygiene - Infants
Religious Orientation | Christian
Theometrics | Evangelical
Topical | Family
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
Arch Children's Books
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
8:30AM - 4:30PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be mispriced.
These WWW pages ©2018 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores