Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone
Author: Joyce Meyer
|So many people today have an unhealthy need for affirmation and are unable to feel good about themselves without it. These "approval addicts" spend their time in a constant struggle with low self-esteem and emotional turmoil-which leads to major problems in their relationships with others. In her latest book, Joyce Meyer provides a path to release from the overwhelming need for acceptance from the outside world-an acceptance that is unfulfilling and leads only to disappointment. Through an analysis of what makes an "approval addict" and the ways to find release from specific character traits that foster addiction, Joyce provides a supportive voice and a personal understanding of the effect of insecurity in one's life. Her abiding message is that God provides all the affirmation anyone needs and through Him they can attain freedom. Begin the journey toward self-understanding and learn to:|
* Accept who you are. All of us struggle with our sense of worthiness. Joyce's goal is to help us understand that we are all whole in God, regardless of our flaws.
* Address your approval addictions. Understanding the specific character traits that foster addiction-and how our past is often a factor in our behavior-is a major step in overcoming our insecurities.
* Break the pattern for the future. Only by taking conscious steps toward accepting ourselves and examining our motives, and by depending on the God who loves us regardless, can we finally begin to break the chains of insecurity and move toward a life free from emotional pain.
* God tells us over and over in the Bible that we are loved and we are worthy. Begin now to overcome your approval addiction by taking an honest look at who you are and how you feel about yourself.
Features: Bibliography, Price on Product, Price on Product - Canadian, Table of Contents
Physical Info: 0.73" H x 7.94" L x 5.28" W (0.5 lbs) 253 pages
Carton Quantity: 20
US SRP: 14.99 US
Pub Date: November 03, 2008
Publisher: Warner Faith
- Christian Living | Relationships | General
- Christian Living | Practical Life | Self-Help
- Religion | Christian Life | Relationships
- Self-Help | Codependency
- Family & Relationships | Interpersonal Relations
-Assertiveness (Psychology) -Christianity
-Interpersonal relations -Religious aspects
- Theometrics | Charismatic
- Theometrics | Evangelical
- Religious Orientation | Christian
Awards: Retailers' Choice | Winner | Self Improvement | 2006 - 2006 ; Retailers' Choice | Winner | Self Improvement | 2006 - 2006
LC Call Number: BV4598.24
More Books by Joyce Meyer
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
Arch Children's Books
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
11:00AM - 2:00PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be mispriced.
These WWW pages ©2019 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores