Self Study Bible Course: by Derek Prince
Author: Derek Prince
|Even if you have never read the Bible before, you will find this study guide helpful and easy to use. Through this course, you will experience important changes in your life and discover an intimacy with God that you may have never known before.|
Physical Info: 0.22" H x 11.01" L x 8.56" W (0.37 lbs)
Carton Quantity: 50
Publisher: Whitaker House
US SRP: 9.99 US
Pub Date: May 1996
If you have questions about God and the Bible, here is help for you. In this Bible study course you will find answers to questions such as: How can I have victory over sin? What is God's plan for healing our bodies? Even if you have never read the Bible before, you will find this study guide easy to use and helpful.
Table of Contents
INTRODUCTION: INSTRUCTIONS TO THE STUDENT 2
KEY TO THE ABBREVIATED NAMES OF BIBLE BOOKS 5
STUDY NO. I
God's Plan of Salvation 6
STUDY NO. 2
God's Plan of Salvation (Continued) 10
STUDY NO. 3
God's Plan for Healing our Bodies 14
STUDY NO. 4
God's Plan for Healing our Bodies (Continued) 18
STUDY NO. 5
The Bible: The Word of God 22
STUDY NO. 6
The Holy Spirit 26
STUDY NO. 7
Results of the Baptism in the Holy Spirit 30
STUDY NO. 8
Worship and Prayer 34
STUDY NO. 9
Water Baptism: How? When? Why? 38
STUDY NO. 10
Witnessing and Winning Souls 42
STUDY NO. 11
God's Plan for Prosperity 46
STUDY NO. 12
The Second Coming of Christ 50
STUDY NO. 13
Signs of Christ's Coming 54
STUDY NO. 14
MARKS FOR THE COURSE 69
Excerpt: STUDY NO. 1
GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION
Sin is an inward spiritual attitude of rebellion towards God, which is expressed in outward acts of disobedience. We are all sinners in this way, and by our sinful lives we rob God of the glory due to Him. Sin is followed by three main consequences: first, inward spiritual death, or alienation from God; second, the physical death of the body; third, final and eternal banishment from the presence of God to a place of darkness and torment. Christ came to save us from our sins. Himself without sin, He took our sins upon Him, died in our place, and rose again from the dead, that we might be forgiven and receive eternal life.
Memory work: Rom. 6:23
A. SIN AND ITS CONSEQUENCES
1. For what purpose were all things created? (Rev. 4: 11)
2. Write down 3 things which God is worthy to receive (Rev. 4:11)
3. In what way have all men sinned? (Rom. 3:23)
4. When men turned away from God, what were the first two sins that they
committed? (Rom.1:21 )
5. What were the results of this? (Rom. 1:21)
(1) In man's mind?
(2) In man's heart?
6. Write down two facts about the human heart (Jer. 17:9)
7. Who alone knows the truth about the human heart? (Jer. 17:10)
8. Write down 13 evil things which come out of the human heart (Mark 7:21, 22)
9. If we are able to do something good, and we do not do it, what does God call that? (Jam. 4:17)
10. If we say we have no sin, what are we doing to ourselves? (I John 1:8)
11. If we say that we have not sinned, what are we doing to God? (I John 1:10)
12. What consequence has sin brought upon all men? (Rom. 5:12; 6:23; Jam. 1:15)
13. What is the final end of all unrepentant sinners? (Matt. 25:41 Rev. 20:12-15)
14. Write down eight different kinds of people who will go to the lake of fire (Rev. 21:8)
B. THE PURPOSE OF CHRIST'S DEATH AND RESURRECTION
15. For what purpose did Christ come into the world? (1 Tim. 1:15)
16. Whom did Christ call, and whom did He receive? (Matt. 9:13 Luke 15:2)
17. Did Christ Himself commit any sins? (Heb. 4:15 1 Pet. 2:22)
18. What did Christ bear for us on the cross? (I Pet. 2:24)
19. For what purpose did Christ die on the cross? (I Pet. 3:18)
20. What 3 facts about Christ did Paul teach as the gospel? (I Cor. 15:3, 4)
21. Seeing that Christ is now alive evermore, what is He able to do for those who come to Him? (Heb. 7:25)
22. Write down 3 things now offered to all men in the name of Jesus (Luke 24:47; Acts 4:12)
Memory work: Rom. 6:23
Write out this verse from memory
CORRECT ANSWERS FOR STUDY NO. 1: GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION
1. For God's pleasure
2. (1) Glory (2) Honor (3) Power
3. All have come short of the glory of God
4. (1) They did not glorify God (2) They were not thankful
5. (1) They became vain in their imaginations
(2) Their foolish heart was darkened
6. (1) It is deceitful above all things
(2) It is desperately wicked
7. The Lord (God)
8. (1) Evil thoughts (2) Adulteries (3) Fornications
(4) Murders (5) Thefts (6) Covetousness
(7) Wickedness (8) Deceit (9) Lasciviousness
(10) An evil eye (11) Blasphemy (12) Pride
9. God calls that Sin
10. We are deceiving ourselves
11. We are making God a liar
13. Everlasting fire - the lake of fire - the second death
14. (1) The fearful (2) The unbelieving
(3) The abominable (4) Muderers (5) Whoremongers
(6) Sorcerers (7) Idolaters (8) All liars
15, To save sinners
16. Christ called and received sinners
18. Our sins
19. To bring us to God
20. (1) Christ died for our sins (2) He was buried
(3) He rose again the third day
21. To save them to the uttermost
22. (1) Repentance (2) Remission of sins (3) Salvation
Consult Bible for Written Memory Work
NOTES ON CORRECT ANSWERS FOR STUDY NO. 1: GOD'S PLAN OF SALVATION
(The numbers in the left-hand margin correspond to the numbers of the correct answers on the previous page)
1-4. Basically, man's sin is his failure to fulfill his God-given function. Man was created to glorify God. "He is the image and glory of God" (I Cor. 11:7). Any behavior of man that fails to glorify God is sinful.
3. "Come short of the glory of God." The picture is taken from an arrow shot at a mark, but falling short of it. The "mark" of man's existence is "the glory of God." But all have fallen short of this mark. (Compare Phil. 3:14.)
6-8. All these Scriptures speak about "the heart" generally. They describe the inward condition of all fallen humanity, without any exceptions.
8. Not all these sins here mentioned are actually committed by all men. But the "seeds" of all these sins are found in every heart. Character and circumstances, combined, decide which of these "seeds" will actually bring forth the corresponding actions in any individual life.
9. Many people are guilty not so much for what they "commit" as for what they "omit". In Matt. 25:3, 25, 45, the foolish virgins, the unfaithful steward, and the "goat" nations are all condemned for what they did not do.
13. We must distinguish 2 different places: (1) "Hell" (Hebrew "sheol"; Greek "hades"); a place of confinement for departed souls, prior to resurrection and judgment (Luke 16:23). (2) "Gehenna" or "the lake of fire": a place of final, unending punishment for the wicked, after resurrection and judgment (Rev. 20:12-15).
14. Note the first 2 classes of the condemned: the "fearful" and the "unbelieving." How many "religious" people are included?
18. "Now once in the end of the world hath he (Christ) appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself" (Heb. 9:26). By the sacrifices of the law of Moses sin was temporarily "covered" (See Heb. 10:1-4). By the death of Christ sin was finally "put away" (See Heb. 10:11-18).
19. Unforgiven sin is the great barrier between God and man (Is. 59:2). When sin was put away by Christ on the cross, the way was opened for man to come back to God. Any barriers that now remain are on man's side, not on God's.
20. "Faith" is built on "fact." The "gospel" is based on these 3 simple, historical facts.
21. "To the uttermost" includes every need of every sinner in time and eternity. Christ is sufficient for all.
- Biblical Studies | Study Guides | Topical Biblical
- Study Guide
Theometrics | Charismatic
Religious Orientation | Christian
Theometrics | Evangelical
More Books by
To browse more products click the back button at the top of the page.
|Self Study Bible Course: by Derek Prince|
Author: Derek Prince
6 remaining in stock
Even if you have never read the Bible before, you will find this study guide helpful and easy to use. Through this course, you will experience important changes in your life and discover an intimacy with God that you may have never known before.
Need Help? Call Customer Service at 608-723-5867
8:30AM - 4:30PM Monday-Friday 9:00AM - 11:00 AM Saturday Central Standard Time
Need books or bibles by the case? Special discounts for churches or groups, call 608-723-5867, ask for ext. 100
Despite our best efforts, a small number of items listed on our website may be
These WWW pages ©2017 Books of the Bible Christian Bookstore. All Rights Reserved.
Books of the Bible Christian Bookstores